Our Core Values: Passion, Collaborative, Loyalty, Integrity and Genuine.
At Hester Creek our roots run deep – from the wines crafted from historic old vines that were first planted to classic varietals in 1968, to our passion in creating an atmosphere of gracious hospitality for our guests, to the core values that our employees exemplify.
Our Mission is to passionately offer our guests memorable experiences through quality wines and gracious hospitality. We jointly accomplish this by growing the finest quality grapes, by dedication to exacting winemaking standards, and providing unparalleled quality service to our Winery and Villa guests, and Bench Club members. Join us in the pursuit of excellence for a rewarding career at Hester Creek Estate Winery.
Current Positions Available:
Terrafina – Restaurant Manager
Terrafina – Production Cooks, 1st Cooks, 2nd Cooks
Terrafina – Steward
Villa – Housekeeper
Cellar – Harvest Cellar Hand
And many other positions for the 2022 season!
Hester Creek Estate Winery is one of the oldest estate vineyards in the Okanagan Valley boasting the award-winning Tuscan inspired Terrafina Restaurant and The Villa at Hester Creek, a 6-room bed and breakfast style full-service accommodation. Hester Creek Estate Winery is also home of one of the most beautiful wine shops in the Okanagan Valley including an 80-seat patio, 14 seat demonstration kitchen and multiple event spaces.
Terrafina at Hester Creek is looking for a Restaurant Manager to lead the daily operations of their front of the house program. Working closely with the Director of Hospitality and with the Restaurant Chef, the Restaurant Manager is accountable for the overall quality of the guest service experience, business operations as well as the work environment provided in restaurant.
Terrafina is an all-day Restaurant, and the successful candidate will need to have a wide range of expertise including managing flow of guest traffic, training staff, scheduling staff, as well as business operational skills.
To be successful in their application, the applicant must have or be able to:
- Manage FOH staff through training and most importantly by setting examples both personally and professionally
- Manage and maximize daily flow of traffic ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction
- Exercise a balance between firm management and empathy in both staff and guest relations
- Manage all costing and inventories on beverage service
- See that safety, cleanliness and sanitation standards are of the highest level of excellence
- Maintain a professional and cohesive team-oriented staff
- Set excellent customer service and work standards all the while demonstrating an exemplary work ethic
- Have aligned values – integrity, empathy, humility, optimism, inspiring
- Hires, trains, disciplines employees in accordance with Hester Creek and provincial labor regulations
- Ability to operate pertinent point of sale and payment systems
- Process daily cash outs
- Cultivates relationships with vendors and suppliers to ensure the highest quality ingredients
- Assist in preparation and execution of budgets
- Oversee food costing and inventories in conjunction with Director of Hospitality
- Address and arrange all repair and maintenance issues they may arise
- Manage time efficiently and effectively
- Schedule staff accordingly depending on seasonality. Seeing that labor costs are kept in check
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all contacts including front and back of house staff and customer relations
- Post-secondary education or equivalent on the job training
- Serving it right
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs. and up to 50 lbs., bending, moving intermittently
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Possess a passion for the wine and food industry
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Able to work under pressure
- Ability to monitor physical inventory, including beverage, equipment, and other supplies, and generating purchase orders as needed
What Terrafina at Hester Creek offers:
- Competitive wage and benefits package after completion of 3-month introductory period
- Full-time year-round position
- Potential for staff accommodation
- Fun and positive working environment
- A strong commitment to excellence and forward growth
- Located on the beautiful Golden Mile Bench in Oliver British Columbia in the world-renowned Okanagan Valley
- A dedicated and supportive management team
- Wine incentives
- Fun staff events
Email cover letter and resume to Roger Gillespie, Director of Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Production Cooks, 1st Cooks, 2nd Cooks (Staff accommodation an option)
Terrafina is an all-day kitchen and looking to round out the 2022 culinary team with Line Cooks. The successful candidates will require a wide range of culinary expertise as well as a passion for Italian cuisine and be willing to work evenings and weekends. Line Cooks are responsible for executing all menu items while meeting presentation and timing standards, assisting others in the kitchen, and maintaining a clean, well-stocked and organized work area.
These positions are full time and offer competitive wages and will report directly to the restaurant chef and assist in the daily operations of the kitchen and its team. Please apply directly with resume and cover letter to Roger Gillespie – Director of Hospitality – email@example.com
Hester Creek Estate Winery is one of the oldest Estate Vineyards in the Okanagan Valley boasting the award-winning Tuscan inspired Terrafina Restaurant and The Villa at Hester Creek, a 6-room bed and breakfast style full-service accommodation. Hester Creek Estate Winery is also home of one of the most beautiful wine shops in the Okanagan Valley including an 80-seat patio, 14 seat demonstration kitchen and multiple event spaces.
Terrafina Restaurant at Hester Creek Estate Winery is currently looking for a full-time day Steward for our award-winning Tuscan inspired restaurant.
The successful candidates must be hard-working, enthusiastic and be willing to work flexible shifts when necessary. As a Steward, you play a very important role, ensuring the kitchen team has the tools to do their part and our guests have the dishes, glasses and silverware needed to enjoy their meals. Stewards wash and sanitize dishes and equipment, maintain the dishwashing machine throughout the shift and keep their area organized and tidy. The Steward position will also carry out food preparation throughout
This position will report directly to the restaurant chef and is a valuable part of the kitchen and the team.
Please apply directly with resume and cover letter to Roger Gillespie – Director of Hospitality – firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you looking for some extra summer spending money, if so we have the job for you! The Villa at Hester Creek is looking for an enthusiastic housekeeper to join our team! We are looking for a hard-working team player that can take direction and has great customer service skills. This is a part time (3-4 days/week), seasonal position, spring through fall. Rate of pay starts at $18.50, plus gratuities. The Villa at Hester Creek is a six-suite luxury bed & breakfast located on Road #8 in Oliver, B.C. Please forward your resume to the Villa Manager, Melissa. email@example.com
Harvest Cellar Hand
Full Time Casual Position
We are looking for experienced interns to join our team for the upcoming 2022 harvest. We have two positions available, starting mid August to end of November with processing starting late August.
Ideal Candidate would have:
· Diploma or degree in wine related field preferred but not essential
· Previous harvest experiences preferred but not essential
· Attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and multitask
· Ability to work long hours in a fast-paced team environment
· Ability to communicate effectively and work well with others in a team environment
· Ability to lift 50lbs and stand for long periods of time
· Valid driver’s licence and clean driving record
· Must have a valid work visa to work in Canada.
· Grape Sampling
· Crush pad operations-grape sorting and processing
· General cellar duties, including racking, inoculations, additions, filtering
· Winery Sanitation of tanks and equipment
· Assist with bottling operations
Please submit a detailed resume outlining your qualifications and availability to Mark Hopley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only potential candidates will be contacted.